knew the instant I saw the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing cowl pattern, just which yarn I'd use for it.
I had one skein left of Handmaiden's luscious 4-ply cashmere in Glacier, a wonderful blend of arctic icey blues, beiges and soft greys. Love it! Couldn't help but buy it on a trip out with my sister, a year ago or more! Haha!
Anyhoo, I didn't bother swatching for this, and yet miraculously I've ended up with a cowl that fits beautifully! Yeay! It flares more at the bottom, so I've flipped it upside down, but that's just personal taste. I even added a repeat in between the purl ridges at the center, and still had over 10 grams left of this yummy yarn!
It's a super fun knit, even though it's only charted (not written out.) I stumbled a couple times with it, but I would imagine I could knit another in a couple of hours; now that I'm more familiar with the pattern. It looks to be a great gift pattern, too - as it takes a mere one ball of yarn, and is a super cute accessory!
Specifications: see it on Ravelry!
- Pattern: Pretty Thing by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Yarn: Handmaiden 4-ply Cashmere in Glacier 40gr apprx.
- Needles: size6 4mm (cast on with sz7 4.5mm & cast off with sz8 5mm)
- Cast on: Friday, October 9th, 2009
- Cast off: Monday, October 12th, 2009
- Completed: Tuesday, October 13th, 2009
*Fancy lettering from Daily Drop Cap - so fun!