29.10.07

"Faux" Rhinebeck Loot

I really liked Karrie's sentiment about those of us who didn't get to go to Rhinebeck this year, she's made a contest just for us, and I've offered to donate a prize! So what should I send her, a pair of Tree Branch earrings, tsumami kanzashi flower set w/cashmere ribbon wristlet - or something else entirely? I was thinking it should be fiber-related, and I do have some very nice yarn that I can't ever see myself using… maybe I'll do that. (I should decide & send it out soon, as I was almost late for this without even realizing it! Uh oh!)

Malabrigo Laceweight - Lavanda

Anyhoo, here's my "faux Rhinebeck haul" -
  • 2 skeins of Knit Picks Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor
  • 2 skeins of Malabrigo Laceweight in Lavanda
  • 1 skein of Handmaiden Big Seacell in Glacier
  • 1 skein of Handmaiden 4-Ply Cashmere in Glacier


Knit Picks Shimmer - Turquoise Splendor

I really like the thought of going through one's stash to find "new" gems to get excited about, rather than buying new every time. I know, I know NOT buy new yarn for each project…. Gasp! LOL It's fun to buy the newest yarns on the market, I've totally fallen in love with both bamboo and Seacell this year; but I think there's something really satisfying about using materials that haven't had a purpose previously. The yarn I'm using on My So Called Scarf was bought more than 5 years ago, and it's just been in a bin, moved around from time to time since then.

Ack! I'll try and get the third photo up tomorrow, I lost the light already!

1 comment:

  1. Nice yarn! It's always good to refresh your memory of all the luscious stuff you've already got : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails