You know, it should be called the "Lazy Ribbon Scarf," because it's so easy - and I've done the repeats so many times now, I could do the 24 row chart in my sleep with one arm tied behind my back… (well, not really! But, you get my point!)
It's easy. Really. I promise, once you "get it" - it's like riding a bike. Lace may be scary at first because it looks so complex and impressive; but it's not impossible to manage! Especially if you're knitting with Malabrigo! It's yummy in a way only a knitter can understand!
So, admittedly this one took me longer than anticipated to finish. I wanted it done by the end of February and it's June now. I know, (please don't remind me!) But, to be fair, it's only because I procrastinated it until the absolute last minute, for no other reason than I'd done this pattern a bunch of times already! Ha - and Oy - both!
This was the first time I'd done this pattern in a variegated colorway though, so that was a lot of fun. I'm almost sad to gift this one away I like it so much! (I have enough of these Lace Ribbon things, though! Hahahah!)
Specs: see it on Ravelry!
- Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery Spring 08 Knitty, + 4 extra horizontal repeats
- Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Little Lovely, 470yds x2 skeins, 100% Baby Merino wool
- Needles: Knit Picks Harmony Interchangeables, sz4 - 24" cable
- Started: January 24th, 2009
- Finished: May 23rd, 2009
- Size: 11"wide x 60" long appx. - (unblocked)