18.5.07

Blogger Spotlight - Kathryn Ivy

Alice and Grace's blog is one of my favorites these days. Knitting, sewing and spinning, I'm not sure there's a craft out there these two won't try. Which I love, because I'm totally like that too, just can't confine myself to one craft, no matter how hard I try. Grace's recent Vintage Velvet scarf (from Scarf Style,) had me drooling! In the book, I merely liked the pattern; but in a more vibrant color, and lots more photos - it's simply stunning, and I must make one for myself. LOL

They have a great extras section, with tutorials and patterns. My (current) favorite is the DPN pouches. Clear directions and pictures, and tips to make them larger or smaller; if you're a beginner, this would be a fantastic first sewn project. Even if you're more experienced, the envelope pouch could be used for all sorts of storage needs. How about pen pockets, or pouches for makeup or even wider pouches for DVDs!

They also have a Review section, which is such an awesome idea! Right now, it's yarns and needles, but I have no doubt books will follow soon. It can be tough to decide what yarn, pattern or book to buy, so more information can be a great help! Their blog is relatively new, but I can already tell it's going to be a great resource for lots of crafters. I think sharing projects and ideas can really spark inspiration, and love finding new blogs that do just that! Alice & Grace, I LOVE your blog, and can't wait to see what you'll both do next!

Go check out their Etsy store for their first knit patterns, Hawkeye and Kiddie Cadet Hats. They're super cute, and great for boys and girls! I should get the pattern to make a lilac one for myself, but I'm fairly scared of short-rows! (I know, I'm a knitting chicken! LOL)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18.5.07

    Thank you so much for the kind words! I think you just made my week! :)

    I have the yarn to make a Vintage Velvet in turqoise. I love the purple color you have wisted on your sidebar, I think it will make a great VV!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails