14.8.07

FO - Montego Bay Scarf

Montego Bay ScarfIt didn't take me very long to knit my Montego Bay Scarf; but I did take 5 days to cast it off and weave in the ends! LOL I finished it just in time to wear it to BogHer, and I'm glad I did. It was nice to wear something I made. It was a super easy peasy knit, and I love it in the bamboo - so incredibly soft! (I've been meaning to post this now for over a week, I didn't get the pics I wanted the fist time I photographed it. I think these turned out great, though!)

Specs -
Pattern: Montego Bay Scarf by Amy Singer (Interweave Knits, Summer 07)
Yarn: Southwest Trading Company Bamboo in Intensity, 1 1/3 balls (just over 300yds)
Needles: Knit Picks Options Interchangeable circulars, size 10
Started Monday July 16th, finished knitting July 23 (cast off & wove in ends 7/27)

Montego Bay Scarf

I opted to shorten my scarf up a bit, the pattern size was 7" wide by 80" long, and I thought that might be a bit too long. I also decided to leave the fringe off, I braided one piece with the tail ends and didn't think I'd like the look for how much work braiding the rest of the fringe would be. My finished measurements are about 6-8" wide by 72" long. The width is tricky, because the lace just keeps on stretching!

Montego Bay Scarf

Montego Bay DetailI absolutely love this FO, and plan to make more Montego Bay scarves (quick knit = great gift!) It was great tv knitting, and the results look so pretty, even though it was super easy! That's my favorite kind of project lately - big impact with minimal effort! Stay tuned for another Amy Singer pattern, I just cast on for the Everlasting Bagstopper from this summer's Knitty!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15.8.07

    Gorgeous! It looks amazing in the bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16.8.07

    Beautiful! I love the look of the yarn and the subtle colour striping effect it gives the scarf.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails