1.1.07

New Year's Sweets - Rice Krispy Treats!


Happy New Year! I still can't believe it's 2007 already! Anyhoo, I've been wanting to add recipes to my blog for a while; and these are my favorite treats! Be careful though, I can never eat only one, so they go super fast! LOL

You'll need:

6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
1 pkg Marshmallows (16oz)
3 Tbs Butter
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

Divide cereal in half, put one in large bowl (the other can be any size.) Grease pan (either 13x9 or 9x9.) Melt butter, peanut butter & marshmallows in microwave (or stovetop,) til just melted. Add vanilla & stir thoroughly. Pour onto cereal in large bowl, then add remaining cereal. Stir until cereal is evenly coated, this takes some muscle! When it's all mixed, pour into pan and flatten. You can use a roller or the back of a spoon, but be sure to grease it too, or it'll stick! Wait until they cool to cut, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails