4.6.08

WIP Wednesday - Flutterby Scarf

Flutterby Scarf - Brisa
I can't wait until I get to the end ruffles! So feminine and lovely, I think.

I'd been looking for a pattern to make a scarf out of one skein of Malabrigo lace for kind of a while, when I recently stumbled across Miriam L. Felton's Flutter Scarf. Easy, and yet still an interesting project, I'm really liking the way this is working up. I'm just over halfway on the first half, so about 25% done in total (less in the picture.) The colorway is Brisa, a playful mix of lilac, pink and grey in variegated shades. I couldn't help but immediately buy it, even though I had no idea what I'd make with it. (That's not entirely true, I had a hunch it'd be a scarf. At 470 yds per skein, Malabrigo Lace is enough for a 60" scarf (approximately!)

The cast on row is provisional, (a heavier weight bamboo) and will be removed later. I picked it because it wouldn't "grab" the wool stitches I'll be ripping it out of. We'll see how well that works... hehehe.

2 comments:

  1. I love that colourway! Can't wait to see the finished scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern choice! I want to make one, too : )

    P.S. Your fabric design is lovely! ... very cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails