10.11.09

FO - Pretty Cashmere Cowl Thing

Pretty Thing Cashmere Cowl

I knew the instant I saw the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing cowl pattern, just which yarn I'd use for it. 

I had one skein left of Handmaiden's luscious 4-ply cashmere in Glacier, a wonderful blend of arctic icey blues, beiges and soft greys. Love it! Couldn't help but buy it on a trip out with my sister, a year ago or more! Haha!

Anyhoo, I didn't bother swatching for this, and yet miraculously I've ended up with a cowl that fits beautifully! Yeay! It flares more at the bottom, so I've flipped it upside down, but that's just personal taste. I even added a repeat in between the purl ridges at the center, and still had over 10 grams left of this yummy yarn!

Pretty Thing Cashmere Cowl


It's a super fun knit, even though it's only charted (not written out.) I stumbled a couple times with it, but I would imagine I could knit another in a couple of hours; now that I'm more familiar with the pattern. It looks to be a great gift pattern, too - as it takes a mere one ball of yarn, and is a super cute accessory!

Pretty Thing Cashmere Cowl

Specifications: see it on Ravelry!


*Fancy lettering from Daily Drop Cap - so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! Beautiful! I'm always nervous around charts, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember way back when you bought that yarn! It really knit up beautifully. That must feel so luscious on!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails