17.5.06

Marble magnets - easiest craft project ever!!!



I just finished the easiest project ever - picture marble magnets! Talk about simple, just glue the picture to the back of a a flat marble (floral or aquatic arrangements), then glue the magnet. She-bang! You're done!

This first set was made with images from Gwen Frostic - a Michigan artist I've loved since I was a child. She made beautiful block prints of nature and it's creatures.

The second set is seashells, and they're the smaller 3/4" size. I really enjoyed this project because it was so easy! I haven't been feeling good this week, so I'm glad I could find a balance and not work on projects that would have made me feel crappy longer.


I'm thinking of selling these on Etsy, but because they're so popular I want to do them a little differently. The larger 1 1/2" size are a little more uncommon, and magnetic boxes/boards are even more so. I think I'll be able to come up with something I'm happy with.

On the subject of Etsy, I'm hard at work building up inventory, working on new ideas and packaging details. I am SO excited, but I want to do it right, so I'm now planning on opening my store on June 21st, the summer solstice.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous17.5.06

    What kind of glue did you use to glue the paper to the glass, then the magnet to the paper? The reason I ask is that I used a glass glue in between the paper and the marble, and I ended up having to peel them all off and start all over again with E6000 (which works great).
    Hope you're doing good!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular old elmer's white! then I sealed over the paper backs with Modge podge shiny, and used superglue to put the magnets on. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails