8.1.07

The Best Laid Plans...

... of mice and men often go awry. Or so they say... I've decided to postpone my Sampler contribution a month. With the holidays just over, I didn't have enough time to get everything I wanted to together (which isn't really that surprising.) I was somehow hoping to get everything done, and I guess that's the lesson here; I can't do everything. I think a lot of women struggle with that issue, and it was definitely a hard realization for me to finally come to.

The hard truth is this; I have 6 flower snaps in my store, and 2 accessories. I have 4 dozen almost finished, but they need photographing and retouching. I only finished 3 flower snaps with hair barrettes, and was planning on donating 25+ to the Sampler this month. I also have plans for several new accessories, but they're only concepts & materials right now. I'll need to prototype something I'm happy with, before I make multiples to sell.

Also, I just finished tearing my craft room apart & re-organizing it; so it was really wishful thinking that I'd be able to finish everything. Oh well, it seems silly to get worked up over what I couldn't get done, when there's always more to be done! This year, I'm going to try and put more time & energy into my Etsy store, as well as learning how to use my new serger! There's a lot more that I want to accomplish this year, but I thought it might end up making me feel overwhelmed if I tried to list everything on my To Do... list! (Another one of my goals this year is to sweat the small stuff less! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails