30.1.07

Life is Sweet!

My Mom's been having a really stressful time lately; her mother is very sick, and not showing very much improvement over the last 6 months. So, when she mentioned to me the last time I saw her, that she loved my birthday present to myself - my Betz White inspired cupcake pin cushion; I knew I had to make her one as well.

To make this one extra special I even added some fun ribbon trim, and a cherry on top! It's actually a felted bead, dyed with cherry watermelon Kool-Aid, and a fleece "mint leaf" - but it's all anchored to a silk pin, so it's totally removable, too!

An update on my broken heater - it's not broken anymore! My husband is so handy, he saved us a trip out from the HVAC guy! I guess it was just a valve or switch being flaky... or maybe it was a valve switch... I dunno, and I kinda don't care - because I'm not freezing anymore! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous30.1.07

    Oh my, that's gorgeous! Love the cherry on top. Sending my best to your mom and her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats a stunner! sorry to hear about your mom and her mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails