19.9.08

Feature Friday - EmilyMe

Purple Fabric - Mod Swirly Dots

I first saw this fabric over at True Up (a great fabric & sewing blog!) I knew I wanted it, but I wanted to decide what to make with it before I bought any - so I knew just how much to purchase! That's always tricky when you fall in love with a fabric. For whatever it's worth, I like a quantity of 3 yds. It's enough to make a knee length skirt (even with some pre-shrinking with cotton,) and plenty of Home dec items, and I guess that's what I enjoy sewing the most.

Rachel was very good about communicating with me, even though we're a half a world away - literally! She's 12 hours ahead of me, so I thought her communication was better than most, considering her time zone! She quickly gave me a private listing for my 3 yds, but I had to wait while it was in transit to me! It was a hard wait, because I really love this print! Check out the selvedge - it's in Thai, and I think it's so beautiful.

Purple Fabric - Selvedge

It actually came a bit quicker than I expected, for as far as it was coming from! That's always a good thing, though. I haven't made all of my design decisions about my skirt yet, so I think I'll sew a muslin first; this fabric is just too limited to play around with, design wise. There's only 20 yds of it anywhere, and less than 5yds available through EmilyMe on Etsy. I don't want to cut something wrong, and then hate myself for it! Hahaha!

Purple Fabric - with buttonsI also received a package of buttons with my order, and aren't they pretty? I know I'll have to save them for something really special, they're chunky, shiny and awesome! I love getting freebies with my Etsy orders, and I really liked sending them out, back when I was selling. Do you guys like getting a little something extra when you buy handmade? Is it an expectation, or a hope?

If you missed the link above, here's her shop!

4 comments:

  1. The fabric is gorgeous! I will totally be checking out their shop! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21.9.08

    I love the colors of this fabric. I agree that it's hard to buy only a little bit when you never know how much you'll need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some beautiful stuff! P.S. I tagged you for an award! Check my blog later today!
    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't sew anymore, but I am really coveting some of the fabrics she has! Wow...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails