8.2.07

Six Weird Things

Shirley, from Warm Fuzzies, tagged me for the "6 Weird Things" meme, and although I seem to be about a month behind everybody else, I'm happy to share my weirdness. I'm just not sure if there's anybody left who hasn't done it yet! LOL

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

1. At meals, I must have something crunchy, or I won't eat very much. I have issues with soft foods, and I'm very picky about eating them. Pasta is ok when it's hot, and with rolls or bread; but if it cools, or I don't have a side, I'll just push it around the plate. (Consequently, I microwave freshly made pasta, so it stays hot extra long.)

2. When I was 13, I worked at a comic book shop. I got paid in comics and Star Trek; The Next Generation trading cards. I'm not kidding! I think I'm only missing 7 cards out of the 300+ card set!!! LOL Yes, I'm a total geek... I stil watch ST;TNG fairly often!

3. In high school, I used to dream in German. By my junior year, I'd taken 6 years on German and was pretty fluent. I even spent some time translating Grimm's Fairy Tales. Now I wish I could understand the few words I hear on tv every so often.

4. I crack my joints, a lot. I mean a lot! And not just my hands and feet, I crack my neck, back, knees, hips and well, if I can twist it enough, it'll crack. Teachers and parents have been telling me to stop for as long as I can remember, saying I'll get arthritis, or worse. But honestly, it hurts worse when I don't crack them.

5. I wanted to own and run a jewelry gallery/store when I was younger. All together I've had 5 years of silversmithing, and I really miss it. It's been about 3 years since I had access to a jewelry lab, and although I still do some metal work, it's not as involved or detailed as my work used to be. This isn't that weird, but I thought it was interesting anyway!

6. I've decided to quit drinking coke during February, and I'm using a really interesting motivation to do it - a Blythe doll! Seriously, I'm very addicted to both the sugar and caffeine, and have decided to kick the habit. I knew I'd need some serious incentive though, and so far, it's working very well! 3 more weeks to go!

I'm tagging Girl on the Rocks, June, my sister Jenn and Laura. I think everyone else I know has already done this one, but if you haven't I'll be happy to tag you too! Weird things are fun and funny!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8.2.07

    Isn't it awful how quickly you forget a language if you don't use it all the time?

    Hehe, a Blythe doll is a pretty good motivator. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails